Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

by |August 12, 2010

Nothing much happens in the sleepy town of Venus Cove. But everything changes when three angels, Ivy, Bethany and Gabriel are sent from heaven to protect the town against the gathering forces of darkness. They work hard to conceal their true identity and, most of all, their wings.

But the mission is threatened when the youngest angel, Bethany, is sent to high school and falls for the handsome school captain, Xavier Woods. Will she defy the laws of Heaven by loving him?

Things come to a head when the angels realize they are not the only supernatural power in Venus Cove. There’s a new kid in town and he’s charming, seductive and deadly. Worst of all, he’s after Beth.

The angels and Xavier must work together to overcome the dark forces – but will Beth survive the battle?

Author Alexandra Adornetto. Picture: Ben Swinnerton  Source: Herald Sun

From an article in The Courier-Mail

It’s five years since Alexandra Adornetto wrote her first book, at the age of 13. Since then the 18-year-old has had a trilogy of children’s books published, changed schools three times, fallen in and out of love, written her fourth book and completed Year 12.

When she greets me for the interview her smile is warm, with a hint of nervousness. Reminiscent of a young Scarlett Johansson, she could easily be an Australian actor landing her first job in Hollywood.

But Adornetto has cracked a tougher market, signing a $100,000-plus publishing deal in the US for her young adult trilogy about angels. The first book, Halo, is out tomorrow in Australia and she will embark on a US tour to promote the book next month.

In Halo, three angels, Gabriel, Ivy and younger sister Bethany, 17, are sent from Heaven to protect the town of Venus Cove from the gathering forces of evil. They must blend in with the community, but their mission is endangered when Bethany falls for the school captain, Xavier Woods.

Adornetto sees angels as virtuous creatures, which is why she has stuck to a biblical framework for the story.

“There’s been a surge of that blood, sex and violence with the vampires and I find them entertaining, but I didn’t want to latch on to the trend,” she says. Click here for the full article.

UPDATE: NEW BOOK ALERT – HADES – CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

John Purcell (aka Natasha Walker) is the author of The Secret Lives of Emma trilogy published by Random House Australia. The Secret Lives of Emma: Beginnings reached the top ten on the Australian fiction charts and Natasha/John was the tenth highest selling Australian novelist and third highest selling Australian debut author in 2012. The trilogy has since sold over 50,000 copies in print and ebook and has been translated into French and Polish. John has worked in the book industry for the last twenty years. While still in his twenties he opened John’s Bookshop, a second-hand bookshop in Mosman in which he sat for ten years reading, ranting and writing. Now he is the Head of Product and Chief Buyer at booktopia.com.au.

Follow John: Twitter Website

Comments

• Rachael Morrison

August 27, 2010 at 9:33 am

the book is amazing. my boyfriend knew that i was into books about, war and heaven Vs hell so he bought it for my birthday present. im lovin every page 🙂

• crystal perry

August 31, 2010 at 11:35 pm

The cover of halo caught my eye so i bought it, now i cant help but read it all the time….between work and at meal times. Great book loving it!!

• Amy

September 3, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Just finished the book. Couldn’t put it down. It’s incredible that an 18 year old has penned this.

• i love xavier

October 27, 2010 at 4:40 pm

who is the guy on the cover of the book? i Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

• angelina

December 4, 2010 at 11:01 pm

this book is so good that i couldn’t sleep till i finished it. It is soooo sweet how Xavier takes care of Beth so closely.

• ana

January 6, 2011 at 9:15 am

i love the book!!! i can`t wait to the movie!! i want to be in the movie, that can be posible? please notice me!! i really want to be beth!! thank you!

• Jaime

January 25, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I am in love with this book! Could not for the life of me put it down! Halo is now my favourite booke ever! I’d reccomend it to anyone! Words cannot describe how much I love this book. I thank my nan for getting me Halo for X-mas! 😀

• Erin

March 6, 2011 at 7:30 am

love this book!!! i havent finished it yet but its awesome!! im on chapter 19. and if a movie is made of it (i hope there will be) i would wanna be in it that would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool….! :)) i cant wait to finish it!! i hope that theres a sequel!! 😀

• Bella

March 13, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I loved this book and when i recieved couldn’t put it down till it was finished, but does anyone know if the 2nd book is out??? and will there be a movie??

• Bella

March 13, 2011 at 11:25 pm

• Rhiannon

March 16, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Hey Alex,
    i am hooked on your book please write the second one. get back to me 🙂

• Rhiannon

March 16, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Hey Alex,
    i am hooked on your book please write the second one. get back to me 🙂

• kaylaluvsXavier

March 22, 2011 at 6:23 pm

i love Halo i couldn’t put the book down cant wait for the second one!!!

• kaylaluvsXavier

March 22, 2011 at 6:23 pm

i love Halo i couldn’t put the book down cant wait for the second one!!!

• kaylaluvsXavier

March 22, 2011 at 6:26 pm

i love this book! once i started i couldn’t put it down cant wait for the second book!! 😀

• kaylaluvsXavier

March 22, 2011 at 6:26 pm

• Dakota

April 16, 2011 at 3:36 am

I was so intrigued by this book and I couldnt put it down… It was so fantastic. 🙂

• Dakota

April 16, 2011 at 3:36 am

• Monica Valdez

April 30, 2011 at 7:58 am

I must tell the truth, i hate reading, but when i saw the book of HALO i new i had to buy it.
    And i loved it, for just the fact that is about angels, and i dont know if they are real or not but the stoty is fantastic and i read the half of the book in 3 days, thats pretty amazing for me.

• Monica Valdez