Fans of Jeff Kinney’s The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series: rejoice! Greg’s back and being his hilarious self in Old School, Book 10 of the series.
With a new book comes new obstacles for Greg: he starts a new school and faces a challenge he never could have imagined …
The Diary of the Wimpy Kid series of books, by best-selling author Jeff Kinney, charts the highs and lows of our middle school hero, Greg, as he stumbles and fumbles from childhood to teenhood via school-hood. Sometimes helped by his friends and family, often not helped by himself!
Life was better in the old days. Or was it?
That’s the question Greg Heffley is asking as his town voluntarily unplugs and goes electronics-free. But modern life has its conveniences, and Greg isn’t cut out for an old-fashioned world.
With tension building inside and outside the Heffley home, will Greg find a way to survive? Or is going ‘old school’ just too hard for a kid like Greg?
About the Author
Jeff Kinney is an online game developer and designer, and a number 1 New York Times bestselling author. In 2009, Jeff was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World. He spent his childhood in the Washington, D.C., area and moved to New England in 1995. Jeff lives in southern Massachusetts with his wife and their two sons.
Ten Things You Didn’t Know about Jeff Kinney:
- He still doesn’t have to shave too often.
- His first decent drawing was of a turtle at the age of 3 (Jeff, not the turtle).
- He plays the piano “very, very poorly.”
- Jeff’s brother Scott has written one of the songs in the movie, Diary of A Wimpy Kid.
- He created the kids’ website Poptropica.com.
- His favourite computer games are the Mario Kart series.
- His favourite sandwich is peanut butter and jelly (eeeuw).
- His favourite song is ‘Brownville Girl’ by Bob Dylan.
- He has two brothers and a sister.
- At one stage he studied to become a federal law enforcement officer.