All Australians over the age of eighteen must vote in the Federal Election on 7th September, 2013. Surprisingly, there are many voters who have yet to decide who they will vote for. Some seem completely perplexed.
Never fear, The Election Collection is here. A fail-safe guide to the election using one of humankind’s greatest achievements – the book. Yes, the book.
Who knew the humble book could help you make a decision?
- Hearts and Minds : A Blueprint for Modern Labor by Chris Bowen
- A Letter to Generation Next : Why Labor by Kim Carr
- Hawke : The Prime Minister by Blanche d’Alpuget
- After Words : Post-Prime Ministerial Speeches by Paul Keating
- Gough Whitlam : His Time by Jenny Hocking
- A Fortunate Life by A.B. Facey
- Rise Of The Ruddbot : Observations From The Gallery by Annabel Crabb
- Downfall : How the Labor Party Ripped Itself Apart by Aaron Patrick
- The Stalking of Julia Gillard : How the Media and Team Rudd Contrived to Bring Down the Prime Minister by Kerry-Anne Walsh
- Boom : The Underground History of Australia, from Gold Rush to GFC by Malcolm Knox
Further reading: Change We Can Believe In: Barak Obama’s Plan To Renew America’s Promise by Barack Obama, A Journey : Tony Blair, Back To Work: Why We Need Smart Government for a Strong Economy by Bill Clinton.
- Lazarus Rising by John Howard
- Battlelines by Tony Abbott
- Letters to my Daughter by Robert Menzies
- The Lucky Culture : And the Rise of An Australian Ruling Class by Nick Cater
- Gina Rinehart : The Untold Story of the Richest Person in Australia
- Rise and Fall of the Murdoch Empire by John Lisners
- Tony Speaks! The Wisdom of the Abbott…
- Tony Abbott : A Man’s Man by Susan Mitchell
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Taxing Air : Facts & Fallacies about Climate Change
Further reading: Decision Points by George W. Bush, When Things Went Right: The Dawn of the Reagan-Bush Administration by Chase Untermeyer, Not for Turning : The Life of Margaret Thatcher by Robin Harris.
- Bob Brown : Gentle Revolutionary
- The Happiest Refugee ; My Journey from Tragedy to Comedy by Anh Do
- Here On Earth : A Sustainable Future by Tim Flannery
- Malcolm Fraser : The Political Memoirs
Further reading: The Rabbits by John Marsden & Shaun Tan, Watership Down by Richard Adams
- An Incredible Race of People by Bob Katter
Further reading: They’re a Weird Mob by Nino Culotta
Further reading: Raise the Titanic by Clive Cussler