Vote For Australia’s Favourite Author 2015 – Heat 3

by |January 7, 2015

Australian Stories - BannerJanuary is the month of Australian Stories at Booktopia, and to celebrate we need your help to discover Australia’s Favourite Author for 2015!

It was a HUGE day of voting yesterday, and today’s list of authors is just as impressive, so many amazing writers!

A reminder that this is only Heat 3, over the few days you’ll have the chance to vote for even more of your favourite authors in their respective heats. Check out the results of Heat 1 and Heat 2.

Vote now to help your favourite authors advance to the final round of voting next week and have the chance to become Australia’s Favourite Author!

Love Australian books?

Don’t forget to check out our Australian Stories collection!

Australian Stories - Banner

Andrew Cattanach is a regular contributor to The Booktopia Blog. He has been shortlisted for The Age Short Story Prize and was named a finalist for the 2015 Young Bookseller of the Year Award. He enjoys reading, writing and sleeping, though finds it difficult to do them all at once.

Comments

• Brendan Mole

January 7, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Fantastic author, fantastic read, couldn’t put it down. Eagerly anticipate her next release. A brilliant, descriptive writing style, that I totally engaged with.

• Kathryn Hallam

January 7, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Love love love her books! I Hadn’t read a book since I had finished school…and they were because I had too…her books have made me fall in love with reading!

• Sophie Smith

January 7, 2015 at 6:07 pm

Fantastic read, I couldn’t put it down!

• smurph

January 7, 2015 at 7:20 pm

Love her books. Gritty, dark, loads of twists and turns that keep you turning the page and drooling for more.

• Mari Freeth

January 7, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Her characters are real and raw and her writing draws you into her stories so vividly that you can taste and smell the land through her words. Honest, heartfelt and so bloody Australian – she always captures the true essence of what it is to be an Aussie living off the land! Bravo – every book has it’s own magic 🙂

• Cas Grunfeld

January 7, 2015 at 10:26 pm

The best have enjoyed every single novel Rachael has every written

• Karen Lanning

January 7, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Love all her books and recently had the pleasure of meeting her. She is a beautiful person with time for everyone who waited for an autograph and a chat. Good luck monica ?????????

• Kaye J

January 7, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Amazing story teller. Her books are riveting from start to finish. She talks about real life and real relationships

• Brenda Howard

January 7, 2015 at 10:59 pm

Great Author, engages the reader, and takes them on a journey to places they would normally fear to tread.

• January 8, 2015 at 8:45 am

Love her books, can’t put it down, have to keep reading, describes everything so well that you find yourself in the story, bring on the next one

• Peta-Louise Hurst

January 8, 2015 at 9:06 am

I love all of Rachael Treasure’s books. Whenever I read one I can’t put it down. Can’t wait for a new release. I love her way of writing.

• Emma

January 8, 2015 at 9:07 am

I love Ava’s way of telling her story. I went off reading due to suffering from depression but thanks to Ava I’m slowly re discovering my love of books x

• Lauren blaschek

January 8, 2015 at 9:15 am

I have all of Rachael’s books and read each about 3 times, some a few more but once you start you can’t put any of them down… It can be a bit hard when it’s not long weekend because the kids can tell in the morning when I’m been reading the night before

• Nicole Smith

January 8, 2015 at 9:50 am

Absolutely love all of Rachael Treasure’s books!! Have read amd reread all of them at least 4 times. Can’t wait for the next one ?

• Dianne Lang

January 8, 2015 at 9:52 am

Finishing a Monica McInerney book is like saying goodbye to your best friend, at the airport, before they move overseas, for ever! You just know you’re going to miss the characters Monica so brilliantly develops.

• Stacey Russell

January 8, 2015 at 9:54 am

Have enjoyed all of Fiona’s books, especially all her fantasy novel series.

• Kate ereaut

January 8, 2015 at 10:06 am

Rachel treasures books are absolutely amazing there an inspiration that’s why I like reading them she knows how to I get people’s attention Rachel Tretter is a great author and I’ve read every single one of her books And the last book she bought out i’m looking forward to her need one

• Allanah

January 8, 2015 at 10:27 am

Love all of Rachael’s books!
    I hadn’t read for a few years but when I found her books I become addicted.

• Naomi

January 8, 2015 at 10:39 am

Love her stories. Meet her. She was just as down to earth as her stories.

• January 8, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Love rach 🙂

• January 8, 2015 at 12:34 pm

I’m not one to usually have time to read books with farming and all my animals to look after, but I did manage to find the time to read the Jillaroo once and well that sparked something in me I could not put the book down and now read everyone of Rachel Treasures books as they come out, absolutely love them and look forward to her writing more ?

• rdheath67@bigpond.com

January 8, 2015 at 1:19 pm

I love her books..great style!

• Rachael

January 8, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Carmen Jenner is totally amazing! I have read all her books and always am looking out for the next one. Truly addictive reading 🙂

• Monnica richards

January 8, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Fiona Mcintosh,enjoy her books and have read all of them to date.

• January 8, 2015 at 8:17 pm

George Ivanov is a very fine author and deserves an award.

• Sandra Faragher

January 8, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Awesome storyteller.

• Tracey N

January 9, 2015 at 2:01 am

We are fortunate to have such a variety of great writers in Australia. My favourite of recent reads is Rachael Treasure. I love her descriptive ways, she has me with her every stage of the story, and such amazing details of my wonderful homeland. Thanks for sharing your passion and your talent Rachael, you have my vote for sure. Keep them rolling off the press, you have reignited my joy of reading.

• christine

January 9, 2015 at 2:10 am

Rachael Treasure has a very unique way of writing a book so there is no way you can put it down once you start reading it,,,luv luv Rachael Treasures Book.

• Joanne Webb

January 9, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Incredible Australian author! So clever, unique, intriguing and funny. The worlds that she creates in my mind are beautifully magical or so real or both. Don’t ever stop writing.